Sometimes certain events will occur, which can affect different aspects of your operation, such as costs or duration. On-going events are indicated by an icon with a countdown in the top right corner, below the toolbox. Most events are announced in advance. An event can typically have a duration of 4-24 hours.
Examples of events include:
- Strike, which means longer waiting times for the affected industry. A strike might involve all factories of a certain type, or just one.
- An industry working overtime, leading to reduced waiting time for picking up this good.
- Service cost reduction, meaning you can service your engines at half the usual cost.
- Cheap engines, 20% off for all purchases.
- Track maintenance, maximum speed 40 km/h on one particular track.
- Bad weather, increased damage to trains, visiting/travelling through a certain location (city or industry).